In these Terms, the words “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the Singapore Government (including its Ministries, departments, and Organs of State).
Revision of Terms
These Terms may be changed from time to time. All changes will be posted on this page and your use of The Website after such changes have been posted will constitute your agreement to the changed Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights and Hyperlinks
The contents of The Website, including source code, pages, documents and online graphics, audio and video, in The Website are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
The trademarks and/or service marks "TradeXchange", "TradeNet" and the "Networked Trade Platform" (NTP) are owned by the Government of the Republic of Singapore. You may not download, reproduce, or use any of the trademarks and/or service marks on The Website.
Except as otherwise provided, the contents of The Website shall not be modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without prior written permission.
Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted in law, no part of The Website may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission.
Unless you have obtained our prior written approval, you shall not use any robot, spider, scraper or any other automated means to access The Website for any purpose. Where you hyperlink to The Website, you shall ensure that the hyperlink is clearly identified as a hyperlink to our/The Website. You shall not pass off the contents of The Website as yours and shall not use The Website in any way such as to misleadingly associate The Website or Singapore Customs with your business. If you create a link to The Website, you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to object or disable any link to or framing of The Website. We reserve the right to change the URL of The Website.
We are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other Internet site (not provided by us) linked to or from The Website. Access to any other Internet site is at your own risk.
Access to The Website
The accessibility and operation of The Website relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of The Website.
Relying on Information
We provide The Website as a general information source only and we are not involved in giving professional advice here. The Website may not cover all information available on a particular issue. Before relying on The Website, you should do your own checks or obtain professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
Exclusion of Liability
We will under no circumstances be liable to you for any damages, losses or expenses including legal costs, direct, indirect, special, punitive, economic or consequential losses and damages, howsoever arising, including from or in connection with:
- your access, use or inability to access or use The Website;
- any use of or reliance on any of the contents of The Website including any communications you may receive from us through your use of The Website;
- any system, server or telecommunications failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, or computer virus;
- any access to, inability to access to or use of any other website linked to or from The Website;
- any use or reliance on any information, data or other material obtained from or via The Website; and
- any negligence, fraud, misconduct by any third party,
whether based upon contract, tort or otherwise and even if you have advised us, our agents or employees of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses.
Your Obligations, Representations and Warranties
You agree, represent and warrant that you:
- will comply with these Terms;
- will not upload, transmit or distribute any computer software or hardware that may collect or store personal data about other users of The Website; and
- will not upload, post, transmit or distribute through The Website any information or material which:
- may restrict or inhibit any other third party's use of The Website;
- is unlawful, threatening, harmful, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, threatening, sexually explicit or indecent;
- may constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- may violate, plagiarise or infringe the rights of any third party including any copyright, trade mark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right in any jurisdiction;
- may contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other harmful or malicious codes designed to interrupt, interfere with, destroy limit or disrupt the functionality of any computer software or hardware (including any server or network connected to The Website) or telecommunications equipment or any part of The Website;
- may contain any information or material of a proprietary nature which you are not entitled to disclose;
- may constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
- contains any advertising, promotional, marketing or publicity material, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation except in those areas on The Website that are designated for such purpose;
- may amount to "stalking" or otherwise harassing any other person;
- purports to originate from or have been posted or sent on behalf of any person unless expressly authorised by such person; or
- may constitute the publication, dissemination, distribution or disclosure of information which may violate or contravene or be prohibited by any applicable law, including without limitation, the provisions of the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213),
You shall be solely responsible for obtaining, installing and maintaining such suitable equipment, software and telecommunication services as may be required to use The Website and the Services.
You shall notify us in writing immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of these Terms. Upon our request, you shall promptly provide to us or any other authority any information or assistance which we or such other authority may deem necessary for the purposes of providing the Services to you or for any investigation or proceedings.
Access to The Website
We reserve all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website, at any time (whether or not that person or Internet address has been given access earlier), without ascribing any reasons whatsoever
Disclaimer of Liability
We will not be liable for any consequences, including but not limited to all losses, damages, costs, expenses and any other claims for compensation, arising directly or indirectly from (i) your using, visiting or relying on any statements, opinion, representation or information on The Website; and/or (ii) any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software. We will also not be liable for any consequences arising directly or indirectly from the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses The Website.
The headings contained in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is declared void, illegal or unenforceable (in whole or in part) by any tribunal or competent authority, then such provision shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms but the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
Language of the Terms and Conditions
The text of the Terms herein written in the English language is the authentic text and any difficulties and uncertainties in interpretation arising shall be solved by reference to this text and it shall prevail over any translation made hereof.
Any failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms will not operate as a waiver of any of our rights or remedies unless such waiver is in writing. Our rights and remedies under these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and are in addition to any other rights and remedies which we may have under law.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
You agree that, save as expressly provided for in these Terms, no third party shall have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any provision of these Terms.
These Terms embody all the terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms and supersede and cancel all prior representations, agreements, statements and understandings, whether verbal or in writing.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contents of The Website are provided on an “as-is” basis without warranties of any kind. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (i) that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statements, opinion, representation or information in The Website, (ii) resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software, or (iii) the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses The Website.
The information contained in and the materials made available through The Website may be modified, deleted or replaced at any time in our sole discretion.
Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through The Website. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through The Website.
Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that The Website is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure.
These include installing a personal firewall and latest anti-virus software on your computer, and clearing your Internet browser cookies, cache and history after using any services on The Website.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. Under no circumstances will we ask for your passwords. You should not reply to such requests.
For more details on the essential infocomm security tips, please visit: https://www.csa.gov.sg/gosafeonline.